These healthy blueberry muffins are light and moist while still being low in calories. The fresh blueberries are like delightful little flavor bombs but frozen works just as well. Perfect for breakfast in the morning with a little butter.
- 2 cups of All Purpose Flour
- ⅓ cup of granulated sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 large egg
- 8 oz low fat vanilla yogurt
- 2 tbs butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 cup of blueberries, fresh or frozen
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and line a cupcake pan with 12 cupcake liners.
- In a clean bowl, sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together. Stir in the sugar and create a well in the middle of the dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg, yogurt, butter, vanilla extract, and lemon juice. Pour the liquid mixture into the well you created in the dry mixture and mix by hand until just combined.
- Fold 1 cup of blueberries into the muffin batter. Spoon into cupcake liners and bake for 18 minutes, until the tops are golden and a toothpick comes out clean when inserted.
- Calories: 143