Crispy fried chicken isn’t off limits! These are the crispiest keto chicken tenders you’ll ever have thanks to pork rinds. Ketogenic, gluten free, and Atkins friendly!
For the ranch dressing:
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ full fat buttermilk
- ¼ tsp fresh chives
- ¼ tsp dry dill
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp parsley
- ⅛ tsp onion powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- splash of Worcestershire sauce
For the brine:
- ¼ cup salt
- 2 cups lukewarm water
For the tenders:
- 1–1½ lb of chicken breast tenders
- 2 tbs of coconut flour or cornstarch
- 4 oz of pork rinds*
- 2 eggs + 2 tbs of water
- oil for frying
- In a mixing bowl, combine all of the ingredients for the dressing and chill in the refrigerator for at least an hour to let the flavors develop.
- Mix the ¼ cup of salt for the brine with the water until the salt is dissolved. Add chicken tenders and allow to brine for about 20 minutes. Any longer and the brine will break down the tenders too much, making them rubbery.
- While the tenders are brining, heat your oil to 350 degrees and scramble eggs in a bowl with 2 tbs of water.
- Pulse pork rinds in a food processor until they are coarsely ground, I used my Cuisanart Smart Stick. If you don’t have a food processor you can crush them with a mallet or your hands.
- Remove tenders from the brine and pat dry with paper towels.
- Dust chicken tenders with coconut flour then dip into the egg mixture. Remove tenders from the eggs, allowing any excess to drip off, then place into the crushed pork rinds.
- Place tenders gently into heated oil and fry for 3-4 minutes, until chicken is crispy.
- Drain on a cooling rack or paper towels and enjoy with ranch dressing.