These low carb chocolate chip cookies are guaranteed to make everyone happy. Double chocolate keto cookies feature dark chocolate and sugar free Lilly’s chocolate chips. They won’t fall apart and are perfectly moist and chewy. They’re also sugar free, sweetened with monk fruit, and gluten free keto chocolate chip cookies!
- 1 stick salted butter
- 1/3 cup granulated erythritol
- 1/3 cup Lakanto Golden Sweetener
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp Kosher salt
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup Lily’s Dark Chocolate Baking Chips
- 1/2 ounce Baker’s chocolate, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a sauce pan over medium-low heat, melt the butter. Once the butter is melted, add the sweeteners and turn off the heat but do not remove the pan from the burner. Whisk the sweeteners until thoroughly combined then transfer the mixture into a medium sized bowl. Refrigerate for about 10 minutes.
- While the butter/sweetener mixture is cooling, sift the dry ingredients minus the chocolates into a clean, small bowl. This will help prevent lumps and inconsistencies in the cookies.
- Once the butter has cooled but isn’t cold beat in the eggs, one at a time, using a hand mixer. Add vanilla extract and beat until combined.
- Add flour mixture to the butter and egg mixture, combining with a spatula. Be sure to scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl. Add the chocolate chips and pieces. For better presentation, save a few chips and pieces to add to the tops of the cookies before they go into the oven.
- Once all of the ingredients are combined, place the dough in the refrigerator for another 10 minutes. This will help with the cookies spreading and baking uniformly.
- While the cookie dough is chilling, line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Once the cookie dough has chilled, about 10 minutes, scoop 6 cookie dough balls onto each sheet. You can roll the balls in your hand to create a more uniformed look if you’d like. This is also where you’d add the reserved chocolate, if you saved any.
- Bake on the middle rack for between 10-13 minutes. The cookie will look underdone when you take them out but once they cool and set they’ll be perfect.
- Serve warm with or without almond milk.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 137
- Fat: 12
- Carbohydrates: 7
- Fiber: 3
- Protein: 5
Keywords: low carb, keto, gluten free, sugar free