Shrimp alfredo is one of my all time favorite meals so when I went low carb/Keto I had to make my own version of low carb shrimp alfredo.
I used to make it all the time in high school when I got home from school. Of course at that time the recipe involved eating tons of pasta and jarred alfredo sauce.
Even *gasp* precooked shrimp.
Now don’t get me wrong, in a pinch, a decent jarred alfredo sauce can be really delicious. Especially if you add your own little twist to it. So now I make a low carb shrimp alfredo that’s Ketogenic Diet friendly and gluten free that I guarantee will rival the best alfredo you’ve ever had.
Variations on this Keto Shrimp Alfredo
If you’re not into shrimp in your low carb shrimp alfredo this is also amazing with chicken or sausage.
A vegetarian version with sauteed portobello mushrooms is also totally amazing. You could even do a variety of mushrooms to change things up a bit with different flavors and textures.
You could certainly make Keto alfredo with all of those meats and mushrooms, if you want. This recipe is really just a launching point for some really delicious stuff.
Trust me on this, I’m basically an alfredo professional.
Looking for more shrimp recipes? Check out my Low Carb Shrimp and “Grits”!
Tools for Making Zucchini Noodles
Similar to cauliflower rice, zucchini noodles, or “zoodles” as they’re often referred to, can be made in about 3 million ways. I personally own four separate contraptions that will create zucchini noodles.
To make things easy for you, here are links to all of the gadgets I currently own for making zucchini noodles. They’re all in various price ranges so there’s something for everyone. The following are affiliate links, which means that I earn a tiny commission if you buy using my link. Rest assured though, I have personally used each one of these products.
- Good Cooks Professional Julienne Peeler – Super easy to use entry level device but can be a bit clumsy when working with smaller pieces.
- Vegetti Spiral Vegetable Slicer – This one is awesome because it’s really easy to find. I’ve seen it in Walmart and even places like Dollar General. I’d recommend this over the julienne peeler only because the Vegetti Slicer protects your precious fingers WAY better.
- OXO Good Grips Hand-Held Mandoline Slicer – I love this slicer because I can use it for other things, like making veggie chips or shreds for salads!
- Paderno World Cuisine Tri-Blade Plastic Spiral Vegetable Slicer – This is widely considered to be one of the best spiralizers on the market and with good reason. It’s well made, incredibly easy to use and cleanup is a breeze. It gives your perfect gorgeous spirals, as long as you get the pressure right and even if you don’t they still look (and taste) amazing.
A few words on the low carb alfredo sauce
Regardless of how you decide to create you zucchini noodles this low carb alfredo sauce is really what makes it.
It’s incredibly creamy and its certainly cheesy. It features both cream cheese and parmesan cheese. Heavy cream also contributes to the creaminess of this sauce.
You definitely won’t have a problem hitting your fat macros eating this.Print
A super simple homemade alfredo sauce recipe that will most certainly replace your favorite jarred sauce. You only need a few ingredients for this decadent low carb, gluten free sauce. No Béchamel sauce required!
- 2 Medium Zucchini
- 10 Oz Raw Shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 Tbs Unsalted Butter, divided
- 2 Oz Full Fat Cream Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Heavy Cream or Half and Half
- 1/4 Cup Parmesan Cheese
- salt & pepper
- Smoked Paprika to taste
- Serving Size: 2
- Calories: 551
- Sugar: 5
- Carbohydrates: 11
- Fiber: 2