Low carb mozzarella sticks that are delightfully crispy on the outside with that ooey gooey middle we all know and love.
- 6 mozzarella sticks, string cheese
- 1 3.5 oz bag of pork rinds
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 2 eggs
- seasoning to taste, I like italian seasoning, garlic, and parsley
- marinara for dipping
- Cut your mozzarella sticks in half and set aside. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside as well.
- Grind the pork rinds in your food processor then add pork rind “breading” to a bowl along with the Parmesan cheese and desired seasonings.
- In a separate dish, whisk 2 eggs. Dip each mozzarella stick into the eggs, then into the breading mixture. Place each breaded mozzarella stick on the parchment lined baking sheet and freeze for about 15-20 minutes.
- Remove chilled mozzarella sticks from the freezer and repeating the breading procedure, dipping in the eggs and then in the pork rind “breading”. This will give you a nice sturdy coating.
- Freeze in the freezer for at least an hour. At this point you could even store them in the freezer for quick frying on a later date.
- Heat oil to 350 degree. Fry each frozen mozzarella stick for about 2-3 minutes, until golden brown. Serve hot with marinara sauce if desired.
Keywords: low carb, keto, appetizers, gluten free