Gluten free pancakes made with oat and almond flour. These pancakes are so moist and delicious, you won’t believe they’re good for you! These can easily become vegan pancakes with our easy swaps.
- 1 1/2 cups oat flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2 tbs brown sugar, or your preferred granulated sweetener
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- dash of nutmeg
- 2 eggs, two flax eggs (1 tbs flax + 3tbs water = 1 flax egg)
- 1 tbs butter or coconut oil, melted
- 1 1/4 cup milk, dairy, non dairy, your choice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- cooking spray for the pan
In a medium bowl combine flours, sweetener, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, and nutmeg. If you’re using flax eggs for the vegan version, combine flax with water and set aside to thicken a little.
- Preheat a skillet to medium-low heat. These pancakes have to be cooked low and slow so that the outside doesn’t get too brown before the middle is done.
- Whisk eggs in a separate, clean bowl then add butter, continually whisking so the butter doesn’t congeal or clump up in the eggs
- Whisk in milk and vanilla extract. Make a well or indention in the dry ingredients and pour the wet ingredients into it.
- Add your preferred cooking oil to your pan and dispense batter, ¼ cup at a time. Allow to cook until bubbles appear, then flip.
- Enjoy warm with bananas and walnuts or freeze and reheat in the toaster for quick breakfasts.